Friday, December 9, 2011

Phoneless - Day 7

Today at about 5:30pm marked the one week anniversary of my phone's death. A moment of silence, please.

Thank you.

I spent the entire night mourning my loss. I remember the feeling I had as I googled "vibrant won't power on" and discovered that I had probably hard bricked my phone's bootloader. I had a hard time sleeping that night, but thanks to Samsung's 24/7 support I had a ticket number and shipping label all ready for the morning. That was the only feeling of hope I felt concerning my phone for a full 7 days which lasted until tonight.

One week later, in the very hour I thought I had experienced the last of my phone's exceptional user experience (despite being a year and a half old) I received the following update on my support ticket:

  • 12/8/2011 7:01 PM-JK: The unit has left the technician. SOLUTION: Replaced PBA
  • 12/9/2011 4:22 PM:
    SOFTWARE DOWNLOAD
    PASSED RADIATION TEST
    PASSED FINAL TEST
  • 12/9/2011 5:06 PM-Graciela: No hold amount
  • 12/9/2011 5:06 PM-Graciela: The unit is shipped. UPS tracking number attached.
BOOM! And Sammy delivers! The only thing left to do is wait until UPS does.

Yes, my friends, It has been a week of cringing and crying, worrying and waiting. The wait isn't completely over yet, and I have a feeling the "2nd day air" UPS shipping will make me wait until next week, but there is certainly reason to celebrate. Join me, won't you?

UPDATE:
Just after I posted this story, I took this video. Luckily I had my point-and-shoot beside me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This made me smile today. Erin you are so cute.